Rebasing Broadsides?

whytwolf
Lord General

Rebasing Broadsides?

Postby whytwolf » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:27 pm

I see that the new Broadside models are on 60MM bases now. Has anyone heard anything about having to rebase like had to be done for Daemon Princes? I've read of two or three people on the 'net doing so, but so far nothing official.

Anyone else hear anything or have an opinion?
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: Rebasing Broadsides?

Postby Xelloss » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 pm

In theory, the modus operandi is that any base is legal if it came with the model in question. In practice, while it won't even come into play most of the time, some folks get a touch miffed if they perceive you using an old base and getting an advantage from it.

Case in point, I was at a tourney last year (end of 5th), with my two old metal prince's on their 40mm bases. The new plastic prince's come on a 60mm. I was navigating a prince in his back lines trying for an optimum charge while maintaining 1" away from other models (trying to get to his long fangs.) He called a judge over about it. The judge ruled in my favor, but I moved the prince back anyhow.

The safe answer is that at some point you should probably upgrade, but really, most folks won't care. Especially with shooting units as it matters a lot less.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

whytwolf
Lord General

Re: Rebasing Broadsides?

Postby whytwolf » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Good point that Broadsides are more shooty than anything, so the assault advantage is nullified. Will proabably do the upgrade at some point.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Return to “Tau Empire”