Tau about some new rumors?

Dez
Storm Trooper

Tau about some new rumors?

Postby Dez » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 am

This morning we have a good set of Tau rumors, that confirm a few things we heard quite some time ago about them. The HQ unlocks troops rumor is once again mentioned and its mechanics are listed below. Also of note, the new "battlemech" unit has something from 6th edition rumors called "brace". How is that for some confirmations.

Please remember that rumors are just rumors until someone cries. Please take with a grain of salt.

via Jared Van Kell
Quote The Tau codex belongs to Cruddace, lets get that fact straight. That is all I am going to say on that issue.

Black Templars on the other hand was always going to be Phil Kelly's pet project. The only way Ward or Cruddace would ever get the Black Templars codex off him would be to prise the rough drafts out from his cold...dead...hands.

Unless of course they offered him the Dwarf Army Book...............(whistles innocently).

Some of these rumours [WF- In regards to rumor sumary posted up on BOLS - most of which were taken from Warseer] are spot on others not so spot on. 4 generic HQs are the Tau Commander, Tau Ethereal, Kroot Master Shaper and Demiurg Ancient. Blisters are, as far as I am aware, a new Tau Ethereal, Demiurg Ancient and 2 special character blisters.

I've also heard that the Skyray will be getting a better choice of missiles in addition to the Seeker missile which is believed to be S6 AP4 Blast, however you have to choose the missile type at the beginning of the game so you cannot mix and match. Despite the payload ts main role will still be target marking.

The Demiurg Special character is apparently the one called Iceheart.

The Battletech Mech in question is the Warhammer IIC mech (no joke about the name.) one of the unseen mechs in the battletech universe. The suit itself is quite big, not quite dreadknight sized but it can "brace".....yes Matt Ward does play Spacemarine. The trouble is that it will be competing against Broadsides, Skyrays and Hammerheads, all of which have improved, a lot.

Regarding the "HQ unlocks troops" rumour - Well from what I can understand from the mechanic is this. A particular troop type is associated with a particular HQ but in doing so confers a special ability on those troop types.

Tau Ethereal - Unlocks Tau Firewarrior teams.

Tau Fire Commander - Unlocks Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit teams.

Kroot Shaper - Unlocks Kroot Carnivore squads.

Demiurg Ancient - Unlocks Demiurg Warrior squads.

I can understand the thought process behind the mechanic from what I know of the basic fluff regarding the Tau.

However I would have thought that Firewarriors would have always remained as basic troops and an Ethereal would have unlocked Honour Guard but it seems from the snippets of info I've been able to peice together that an Ethereal confers Preferred Enemy (Everything) and BS4 on those Firewarrior squads he leads making Honour Guard redundant.

All that I can say is known about the Demiurg is that they are the Tau's main anti-MEQ unit. How effective they are I cannot say.

Actually you might be surprised. My sources and the several other rumour mongers have started indicating that Templars might actually be next followed by Tau, this is normally a sign for me that what I am hearing is correct but with recent developments such things are by no means certain.

I have however recently discovered that the Tau are in the proofreading stage of development which means that the codex is written but it has not yet quite gone to the printers. Now this means that all GW have to do is give the nod and the codex can be printed in numbers pretty quickly. All they then have to do is ramp up the advertisement, distribution and product support and we have them ready to go for our very much enjoyment.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Re: Tau about some new rumors?

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Dez wrote: The Tau codex belongs to Cruddace, lets get that fact straight. That is all I am going to say on that issue.

Poor Tau.
Bring me your finest coffee!

NallTWD
Whiteshield

Postby NallTWD » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Slimnoid wrote:Poor Tau.

He wrote Imperial Guard. The only poor anything, is whatever you're playing against it.
You know, with the whole "peace through superior firepower" thing.

/not the face.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 pm

NallTWD wrote:

He wrote Imperial Guard. The only poor anything, is whatever you're playing against it.

/not the face.

Goes to show he can't write a balanced codex to save his life. The man has the attention span of a 5-year-old hopped up on a pound of pure cane sugar.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:45 pm

gotta agree with slim on this one.

all i have to say is 170 point Vendetta.... not cool.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:45 pm

NallTWD wrote:

/not the face.

He also wrote the Nid codex. :mrgreen:

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Answer to Vendettas? FLASH GITZ!!!

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

More on the Tau front. A Clarification actually. Lets take a quick look at this new bit on the Tau rumor front.

Please remember that these are rumors and to apply the normal amount of salt.

via Jared Van Kell
An earlier rumor
Tau Ethereal - Unlocks Tau Firewarrior teams.

Tau Fire Commander - Unlocks Tau XV8 Crisis Battlesuit teams.
Kroot Shaper - Unlocks Kroot Carnivore squads.
Demiurg Ancient - Unlocks Demiurg Warrior squads.
Jared added this clarification
From what I understand they become troops. However I have a strong feeling that firewarriors are going to be remaining as troops that can be taken irrespective of what commander you taken but that the different commanders allow you to take other units as troops instead.

With regard to ethereals I believe that they will allow honour guard to be be taken as troops (with BS4 and preferred enemy) or at least allow firewarriors to be upgraded to honour guard.

For the kroot carnivor squads and demiurg warrior squads and indeed the other kroot/demiurg units as well I do believe the rumour is correct in that you will have to take a shaper/ancient to be able to take them. For Crisis battlesuit teams I am sure taking a tau commander they are moved from elites to troops instead or at least become scoring.

ADB

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 am

Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:42 am

Don't forget ALL the facts, including ghost21 saying he is just feeling bullied and wants to be left alone hence why he said that.

ADB

Return to “Tau Empire”