New Necron Codex around Halloween?

whytwolf
Lord General

New Necron Codex around Halloween?

Postby whytwolf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

Recent scuttlebutt suggests that the new Necron release is going to happen in the next few weeks.

Yes/No/Maybe?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/10/40k-rumors-necrons-two-weeks-out.html
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: New Necron Codex around Halloween?

Postby Xelloss » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:24 am

A very distinct maybe. At this point, I'll settle for anything that gives some closure to the whirlwind of rumours that have been going around the past few years.

Now I just have to hope we don't get the 'nid treatment. :roll: Hoping for relief in the next addition would just be salt in the wound at this point.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Look at it this way.

Matt Ward played Necrons and they sucked. He was pretty frustrated by this. Then they let him write the Ultramarine codex. Now he plays Ultramarines. All of his codecies since then have been solid (army-wise, anyway).

I find myself wondering if he might miss his old Necron models. ;)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:09 am

I hope you are right. Don't get me wrong, I love my Space Wolves but come on, it's getting pretty ridiculous playing against other Marines all the time.

It's about time the Xenos got some lovin' and had more of a presence. Giving them a good Codex that capture their feel and fluff would be move in the right direction.

Besides, I have a burgeoning Necron army and a new Codex would surely motivate me to get them table ready.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 am

from SWC:

Uriel Ventris wrote:Found this on BoLS.

List of November releases.

Interesting that they've got several Eldar models/units going to Failcast. Wonder whatever that might mean? :twisted:

and yes I have my eyes on Sam
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 am

and please please for the love of Odin make this a balanced 'dex. no more Grey Knights.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 am

From what I have been reading, the early impressions is that they are not; but I won't pass judgement until I've had a chance to see the Codex "in the flesh" if you will.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 pm

My hope is that they dont make this a balanced codex. If they do, it will just end up being another Xenos army that is not as good as any of the new marines.
I want to see some super Marine killers. Seems to be the only way they can make a new codex is to have it be awesome.
The Dark Eldar are supposed to be balanced, but they are not nearly as good as any new marines, therefore they are not worth playing.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Kev I've watched a few battle reports and it looks like DE rip the new Marines (SW and BA) apart. Their overwhelming speed, combined with ridiculous CC units (Geared up Archon w/Brides, Wyches w/Shardnet) combined with their firepower (Trueborn in Venoms with Blasters) shouldn't have too tough a time. I think Wyches with Sharnets and Impalers are key, because they can tie up those nasty units you don't want to deal with until later. Razorwings and Voidravens for those troops once their transports have been destroyed by Blasterborn and Scourges with Haywire x2.

I think Necrons are going to be great. Phase Out is gone, they've got some transports that look killy, and some interesting HQ options. Now what I want to see is the new CSM dex...
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Necrons are definately getting a speed boost, and some great high S low AP guns too. Lot's of long and medium range toys as well. Not to mention some special attacks maneuvers similar to DE.

Of course all judgement is saved until the codex is in my hands.

Return to “Necrons”