What, no one plays these?

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: What, no one plays these?

Postby Xelloss » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 pm

As for the 'crons themselves, there's nothing particularly WRONG with them. It's just that they have a few awkward rules, and the codex itself has a grand total of 13 unit choices, including both C'tan. It gets boring fast, especially with no squad leaders or special weapons to mix it up.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:18 am

I have been playing Necrons for many years and I love the army. There is something about how a marching line of machines seems so intimidating. Throw in being able to rise from the dead and warp all over the place and they are a really cool army choice. I agree that I tire of the army after a few games due to the lack of diversity and the fact that, given the new vehicles rules, enemy tanks are a real problem for the Necrons. Adding to the lack of diversity are a couple of unit choices that are completely cost ineffective (see Pariahs and Wraiths). I have been praying to the Machine God for a new codex for a while now. I will be the first to spend more money on Necrons once a new book comes out.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 pm

A) Wraith's are awesome, and B)You're going to have some competition for first. :mrgreen:
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Tex
Whiteshield

Postby Tex » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Xelloss wrote:A) Wraith's are awesome, and B)You're going to have some competition for first. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I will definitely have some competition for first - I can dream can't I :D . Wraiths are really cool but not effective. They can only be fielded in 3s. They have a 3+ invulnerable save but that still means you will fail 1/3rd of the time against any wounding attack. At toughness 4, there will be many of these. If they had power weapon equivalents or at least rending, then that would go a long way towards justifying their cost of 41 points. As it stands, a single squad's bolter fire will wipe them out in a turn. Again, I love the ghostly wraiths but they just can't do enough damage to justify their points IMO.
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

oninosweeney
Whiteshield

Postby oninosweeney » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm

not to mention the single wound. for 41 points i get a pretty decent 3 wound Shrike.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:42 am

So, what's the latest on the revamp for 'crons? Any rumors of model changes? I would expect that there will be some conversion over to plastic for some of the current metals.....
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:20 am

Apparently there will be no more metals at all ;) I hear plastic Wraiths, Immortals and Flayers as well as a brand new kit. I'll cast my nets and put together something more comprehensive later. I'm really excited about 'Crons, not as excited as I was about Orks but really excited. I've changed a few of my ideas, but it should still be an interesting army :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:37 am

Some collected rumours by ghost21 over at Warseer, also interesting for readers of "Fall of Damnos" (FOD):
I think "Fall of Damnos" is a great place to look for what's coming and I've heard it's 5 kits with some blisters ala Dark Eldar.(...)

Warriors are not being redone. There may be an additional sprue representing upgrades, and the colours but otherwise no(...)

To be honest, I've not heard of the jump infantry. then again I had only heard about 2 troop choices, the big necro giant, tomb spiders, some sort of necron artillery piece (...)

Any word on pariah changes? Or should I buy up the ones I can find now
Not in the first wave at least. I've heard of some sort of bodyguard unit, but again not in the first wave.
I saw a copy of the draft rules for the necro giant , and all I can say is resurrection abilities with guns, and melee attacks that ignore saves.
Oh, and C'tan won't be in the book, it was silly to put them in the previous one. I mean Khorne isn't in Codex Chaos Space Marines or Daemons, is he? (...)

Remember who's writing this (I don't want to start the whole "bash that guy" thing but yeah there's some pretty wacky OMG overpowered stuff there) (...)

And I never saw a phase sword in the old Necron dex, and don't think we will see one now (at least not in anything I've seen),
but apart from that expect insane abilities on elites (flayed ones I'm looking at you). (...)

Now it makes one wonder what the other troop is aside warriors...[/quote]
I guess scarabs...
Yeah, I'd say that was accurate. (...)

Did you see any relationship between stuff described in FOD novel and in new Necron dex?
I probably shouldn't say this, but at least 2 of the named lords there are supposedly characters in the dex (from the names at least , though only found that out after reading FOD). At least one will get a figure (I've seen it, it had a version before but he was never released)

And wraiths are not the new fast attack (there wasn't one in the version I've seen) but that was at least 1 or 2 before the printed dex, (wraiths are harsh now)
There is a lord that makes flayed ones troops (...)

Flayed ones as troops is great news, still - I want to do my pure wraith army and ill be annoyed if I wont be able to do that. They are the coolest unit in terms of fluff and models in the whole game for me, personally.
He is a ... well b** **** crazy, think he will be quite popular , and I never saw squad leaders. Then again only saw squad upgrades
(Took the liberty to correct some spelling and grammar errors for easier reading ;))
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

madvitale
Whiteshield

Postby madvitale » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 am

Tanks! Sounds good. My 11 year old (and me...) will be thrilled with new choices for this army. Hopefully, they get it out before Christmas, so it can be added to the list of otherwise Holiday-inappropriate gifts! ;)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:02 am

Sounds like some good stuff coming down the pike. It makes me itch to pull out my big box o' Necrons and start building.

I hope they at least give Flayed Ones Fleet and maybe rending
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Return to “Necrons”